BMW R1200RS / R1250RS Forum Community
A Few Pictures From This Week - Printable Version

+- BMW R1200RS / R1250RS Forum Community (https://rswasserboxer.com/R1200RSforum)
+-- Forum: Destinations (https://rswasserboxer.com/R1200RSforum/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Ride Reports (https://rswasserboxer.com/R1200RSforum/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: A Few Pictures From This Week (/thread-691.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

A Few Pictures From This Week - Lee - 04-16-2022

Mena Ar.

Decatur, Tx

Luckenbach, Tx

Bandera , Tx

It was 23F when we got up last week in Iowa. 36 when we left. We've had several days in Texas in the 90s with 97 the hottest.

RE: A Few Picture From This Week - ESquared - 04-16-2022

Looks like a fun trip (except for maybe that day at the Skyline Cafe!). The Moto-Cabin community looks cool!

RE: A Few Picture From This Week - Lee - 04-16-2022

(04-16-2022, 08:23 PM)ESquared Wrote: Looks like a fun trip (except for maybe that day at the Skyline Cafe!). The Moto-Cabin community looks cool!
The rain only lasted about 100 miles. The clouds were too low to go over the Talimena Skyline Drive but we found a good alternate route.
We had good weather the day before to run down hwy 23 and over Mt Magazine.

RE: A Few Picture From This Week - maxredline - 04-16-2022

Good contrast of temps. I am somewhat envious of the time you are getting in the saddle.
That's Debbie in under the cover of rain looking at the bikes I assume. its hard to tell who that might be. Ah, good pic.
You seem to be getting the most of your riding time. Good on ya!

RE: A Few Picture From This Week - Grumpy Goat - 04-16-2022

Very nice, Lee. Looks like a good little adventure.

RE: A Few Picture From This Week - Lee - 04-17-2022

(04-16-2022, 08:53 PM)maxredline Wrote: Good contrast of temps. I am somewhat envious of the time you are getting in the saddle.
That's Debbie in under the cover of rain looking at the bikes I assume. its hard to tell who that might be. Ah, good pic.
You seem to be getting the most of your riding time. Good on ya!

That's Debbie waiting for me while I moved our bikes more to the center of the spot to give the vehicles on each side room to get out.
Good place for breakfast. Two omlets were only $12 plus tax.
Big difference from the previous morning when we paid $30 with tax for two omelets at the Filling Station restaurant in Eureka Springs, Ar.

RE: A Few Picture From This Week - Grumpy Goat - 04-17-2022

(04-17-2022, 08:46 AM)Lee Wrote: Good place for breakfast. Two omlets were only $12 plus tax.
Big difference from the previous morning when we paid $30 with tax for two omelets at the Filling Station restaurant in Eureka Springs, Ar.

Good to know ... thanks for sharing that info. Smile IMO, while $15 for an omelet sounds a bit excessive for what it is, it does come with a lot of items, I suppose (don't know about portion size of each Wink). Here is the deal at the Filling Station Restaurant.

Quote:STEAK & EGGS | 14.95
2 eggs cooked any style, hashbrowns or grits, your choice of toast, biscuit & gravy or a small pancake and choose from a steak, chicken fried steak or ham steak.

The Skyline Cafe in Mena does not have a menu online so I can't see what it offers for $12, but it does have good ratings and is probably all that is needed. Prices are on par with Cracker Barrel.

(04-17-2022, 10:28 AM)Grumpy Goat Wrote:
(04-17-2022, 08:46 AM)Lee Wrote: Good place for breakfast. Two omlets were only $12 plus tax.

Good to know ... thanks for sharing that info. Smile IMO, while $15 for an omelet sounds a bit excessive for what it is, it does come with a lot of items, I suppose (don't know about portion size of each Wink). Here is the deal at the [url=https://thefillingstationar.com/]Filling

Debbie just had the omlet without bread or potatoes.
It's normal to pay the same price when you ask to leave off items.

You pay higher prices in a tourist town.

Robert at the motel said the BBQ place across the street adds a $3.80 kitchen charge to each bill.

Here's part of the menu from the Skyline Cafe.

Just did a short ride today and relaxing this afternoon with the owner's dogs.
We're 5 miles north of Blanco.
The owners of this place ride BMWs and KTMs
Next 3 nights will be in Leakey.

Here's a picture of the Leakey Inn from last year.
They usually tell bikes to park under the shelter.

Creston Iowa today.
Yesterday had a high of 40.
We're in no hurry to head back.Big Grin

RE: A Few Picture From This Week - Grumpy Goat - 04-17-2022

I hear that some places are expecting snow flurries tonight. Right now it is 86 outside at 7 PM here. Sad

87 here now, north of Blanco Texas.

RE: A Few Picture From This Week - Pyrrho - 04-17-2022

It's 35F in Milwaukee. Overcast with patches of blue, and dry roads. You still suck though. Smile

Pyrrho ' Wrote: You still suck though. Smile

Big Grin

RE: A Few Picture From This Week - Duckbubbles - 04-18-2022

(04-17-2022, 04:18 PM)Lee Wrote: Here's a picture of the Leaky Inn from last year.

Not trying to be too much of a stickler but it is spelled Leakey and pronounced Lake-ee. Typical Texas pronunciation not matching the spelling. There are probably 100 examples around the central Texas area.

Frank

RE: A Few Pictures From This Week - Liteitup - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 08:06 AM)Duckbubbles Wrote: Not trying to be too much of a stickler but it is spelled Leakey and pronounced Lake-ee. Typical Texas pronunciation not matching the spelling. There are probably 100 examples around the central Texas area.

Frank

Most people in Texas mispronounce it as well.

RE: A Few Pictures From This Week - Lee - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 08:06 AM)Duckbubbles Wrote:
(04-17-2022, 04:18 PM)Lee Wrote: Here's a picture of the Leaky Inn from last year.

Not trying to be too much of a stickler but it is spelled Leakey and pronounced Lake-ee. Typical Texas pronunciation not matching the spelling. There are probably 100 examples around the central Texas area.

Frank

Correct on spelling and how to say it.
I make a lot of mistakes when posting from a phone.

RE: A Few Pictures From This Week - Lee - 04-18-2022

(04-18-2022, 08:06 AM)Duckbubbles Wrote: Most people in Texas mispronounce it as well.

Blanco is another one some Texans mispronounce.