Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bikes below 1000cc and middle weights
(07-25-2023, 05:32 PM)maxredline Wrote: Very disappointed! The guy delivered the bike, which I did not ask for and then wanted to charge me after I told him I didn't want it. He totally misrepresented the bike via communications and photo (posted pic from interweb). I told him I didn't want it which took over a half an hour for his brain to register. He then dropped the price by over $1k but I told him I didn't want it even at a parts bike price.
Lesson learnt, when the bike is out of town ask for many quality pictures from many angles.
I have my eye on another which is more expensive.
I may just get a newer VFR with fuel injection and larger tire choices. I have had 2 already.

He took a gamble knowing the condition of the bike he was testing to flog. Many people are easier swayed when they have something in front of them, especially if there is some nostalgia in the mix. When I first saw your post with this bike I wondered why a stock photo was used. As soon as I see that I smell a rat; looks like bait and switch.

If initiating the purchase online, I ask for actual pictures and try and get some inclination as to the vintage of the photos they send. If the photos are crap then the deal is off the table. I trust no one I don’t know. Glad you dodged that bullet.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bikes below 1000cc and middle weights - by Grumpy Goat - 07-25-2023, 06:10 PM