Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another bit of Honda innovative technology ... E-Clutch for motorcycles
(10-12-2023, 08:44 AM)36654 Wrote: In my opinion, it's not an effort to expand the market but to achieve more performance.  I think many of us are conditioned by the early-generation Toyota Prius to expect a lackadaisical low-speed throttle response from a hybrid vehicle.  As the Ford Enforcer, several Lexus offerings, the BMW mild-hybrid variants, the new Prius and the upcoming I-Force offerings show, a hybrid configuration can be a path to higher performance.  But, it won't be a manual.

I hear you but I think that going with a hybrid powertrain is more to do with carbon footprint than with performance; that and making the bike more approachable to a younger generation who may not be as interested in motorcycling in the first place, and if interested might be more easily enticed if the bike is more "tecchy" and also easier to ride, all at the same time. By having an e-clutch there is less chance of alienating those who prefer having a clutch, so it is a bike that might appeal to all.

When we see the actual numbers we'd have a better idea of their objective.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another bit of Honda innovative technology ... E-Clutch for motorcycles - by Grumpy Goat - 10-12-2023, 11:02 AM