Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Trips End Early for Mechanical Reasons
(11-21-2019, 06:51 PM)Ray Wrote: Thought I posted a rambling reply late the other night, but I don't see it, and in it absence, I'll cut to the chase.

I recall you mentioned earlier this year, a 100 foot traverse of highway covered by 15 inches of Missouri river water under the watchful eye of the local constabulary.
Would the time and depth be right to wash out some of the lubricant at the front of the drive shaft. (In which case, I might be taking a look at my drive shaft to see how the seals held up to some of my more memorable water crossings last year.)
That is an interesting thought. I did ride in some water that covered my foot pegs for a distance of 150 - 200 ft when the bike had about 75,000 miles on it. I just cannot imagine that would affect the lubrication of the upper U joint but again I don’t know. I just looked at the bike and the upper U joint sits just about the foot pegs height. So maybe that U joint was in water for a short period of time. I rode very slow in what appeared to be very clean water.
Darrell
2016 R1200RS
2022 R1250RT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Trips End Early for Mechanical Reasons - by darrell - 11-21-2019, 07:06 PM
RE: Some Trips End Early for Mechanical Reasons - by Olgry1 - 11-27-2019, 07:29 AM