Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 30,000 mile touring tire..., and others
Wink 
(02-01-2021, 04:01 PM)TriangleRider Wrote: I didn't realize you could review tires by hoisting them up on a shoulder and reciting product literature.
...and they rolled them and played games. (But, why weren't they shooting pucks through them like we used to as kids?)

Right you are. I think it's a Canadian thing this time of year to forgo extensive on-road tests on the 2021 offerings.

On the other hand, Ryan and company read and analyze the product literature - which is often more than I do before I buy a new style or model of tire. Without a lot of time, I usually buy the same tire I just wore out. If I feel adventurous, I usually ask the lead mechanic what the better riders are using, apply MrVvrroomm's 3 Rs (round, rubber, rebate), and make the purchase.

I think what impressed me most was that an unassuming but talented motorcyclist could talk about these cheap options in a way that makes them seem viable. Most reviewers would be a little more imperious and pedantic in their bid to steer us to the most expensive offerings. Remember - Fortnine is the Canadian equivalent of Revzilla. I mean - can you picture "Hi, this is Anthony from Revzilla" plugging these tires?
"A good man always knows his limitations...."

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 30,000 mile touring tire..., and others - by Ray - 02-01-2021, 05:14 PM