Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trail Braking Tutorial
(03-31-2021, 07:26 AM)Lee Wrote: When we took the CLASS course with Reg and Jason Pridmore they spent a lot of time on this braking technique.
When you use the throttle and front brake lever at the same time as shown at the 6 to 7 minute mark of the video it's easier to be smooth.
I don't remember them calling it trail braking but that was 30 years ago.
Right - 20 y ago - heading into the corner - a little rear brake to set the bike up, then front brake while simultaneously blipping the throttle and pumping the clutch for rapid, multiple downshifts, and then gradually easing off the front brake into the first part of the turn while cracking the throttle maintain ground clearance....

Now, with our dual brake activation and modern electronics, which in 2021 even modulates engine braking, I don't feel nearly as busy or incompetent getting into the corners.

(A little surprised that with his knowledge and education background, he couldn't have produced a more efficient script and engaging presentation.)

I caught MOAs interview last night, with Dylan Code. Always enjoy listening to smart guys who have spent a lifetime thinking about how to maximize performance on 2 wheels. (No hesitation, uhh's or errr's.)
"A good man always knows his limitations...."

Messages In This Thread
Trail Braking Tutorial - by darrell - 03-30-2021, 09:17 AM
RE: Trail Braking Tutorial - by Grumpy Goat - 03-30-2021, 10:12 AM
RE: Trail Braking Tutorial - by Olgry1 - 03-30-2021, 10:56 AM
RE: Trail Braking Tutorial - by Grumpy Goat - 03-30-2021, 07:46 PM
RE: Trail Braking Tutorial - by Lee - 03-31-2021, 07:26 AM
RE: Trail Braking Tutorial - by Ray - 03-31-2021, 10:36 AM