Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation of my "new-to-me" muffler
(12-24-2018, 07:37 AM)AZGeek Wrote: That's a bummer and only adds to the frustration during the install. I agree that the instructions were not as clear as they could have been --- it took me a couple of attempts to get everything on correctly.

All that said, I'm sure you are pleased with the sound and some weight/chrome reduction. Big Grin

I had watched the Hornig video before installing so I knew beforehand what installation entailed, not to mention that I had my stock exhaust off many times before. But when I did not find the nut on the clamp I looked to the instructions to see if I missed anything and there was no help there.

I am still getting used to the sound and I do like it. More crackling and popping too, it seems.

As for the weight savings, I forgot to mention these in the video, but including the pipe spool pieces, the weights are - Stock 9.4# vs Remus 6# for a savings of 3.4# of 36%. I weigh 209# when I, at 5'-8", am supposed to weight between 125# - 163# by one reference (Livestrong). So you can see where the performance gains lie. Big Grin

As for looks - I had no real issue with the stock, but when you put them side to side, the stock can looks so "fat" even if much lighter than its size might suggest.

Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installation of my "new-to-me" muffler - by Grumpy Goat - 12-24-2018, 08:42 AM
RE: Installation of my "new-to-me" muffler - by Olgry1 - 01-04-2019, 06:16 AM