Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Motocamping Trip of 2021 | Mission Tejas State Park | 6-7 March 2021
I have a camping experience, totally a sidebar to the spirit of the OP, but sticking with the "Inner Jackass" theme. I think it was 2013, at the Indy MotoGP event. My brother and I were camping at the large area, across from the track. We set up early in the weekend and as more and more campers rolled in, creating rows of RVs and tents, found ourselves at the start of a quite large grassy dragstrip. Moped and scooters would line up (with marginally drunk operators) and proceed to prove their reaction times. But nothing beat the stunt show from a group close to our site. Beautiful wheelies and displays of stunt skill. Picture, if you will, a woman attempting to shoe ski behind a scooter. On the grass. With hands firmly on the grab bar, the scooter launches, she actually hangs in there, for about 3' before (predictably) shoe to tarmac friction decides to rear it's ugly head. The grace of that face first dive into the grass was dramatic. A brief second of disbelief and silence, then the roar of laughter from her and her "adoring fans" ensued. Half of her face green from the grass stains. It was the funniest thing I think my brother and I have ever seen.
Almost as good as the real racing on that glorious weekend Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Motocamping Trip of 2021 | Mission Tejas State Park | 6-7 March 2021 - by Duccrazydave - 04-20-2021, 04:41 AM