Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Motocamping Trip of 2021 | Mission Tejas State Park | 6-7 March 2021
(04-21-2021, 06:32 AM)TriangleRider Wrote: I take a very minimalist attitude towards cooking. I generally don't eat much when riding, because big meals make me tired and "blah" feeling. At camp, I don't do anything that requires more than boiling water and avoid that if I can help it (pre-made sandwiches, fruits, bars, etc.). My preference is a book and light meal, rather then spending the time and effort to cook and clean. I am with you on instant coffee. I used to brew, but modern instant coffee is pretty good and the convenience is impossible to beat.

When I car camp, all bets are off and I pack all of the cooking gear and do it up
Big Grin

I hear you, and nothing wrong with that. When I am travelling and camping along the way I tend to be like that. Light breakfast at camp, light lunch along the way and lighter supper. When doing an overnighter I like to have a regular home cooked meal for supper, as a challenge more than anything else. So called typical camping food bores me. I also fully understand when you go car camping you bring all the gear. Similarly when I go with the wife in the trailer but for the location it is not really camping. Big Grin Then we eat better than we do at home!

Regarding coffee ... I bought a travel espresso maker that can also make Americanos and will be bringing that for the first time this weekend. I will do a review video of it there as well. Smile
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Motocamping Trip of 2021 | Mission Tejas State Park | 6-7 March 2021 - by Grumpy Goat - 04-21-2021, 07:10 AM