Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from MKE
Hello!

Commented on a YouTube video of Grumpy's, who replied and sent me here. So here I am.

55 year-old who's known nothing but BMW. First with an R80 I spent a summer and a lot of money restoring, then after a truly heart-wrenching crash (I was literally crying to the cop about it) a R1100RS. Mein leib, she was my daily companion and first true motorcycle love... until the day I was racing a 5-series back from Madison and realized I just "needed" something faster. Upgraded to a K1200RS and solved that problem.

Didn't have a car for about a decade of my life and rode nothing but RSes and my mountain bike, even in winter in Milwaukee and then Windsor, Ontario. With full Aerostich, electric vest and gloves I was good to go even in sub-zero temps as long as the roads weren't icy or snow-covered. I'd literally walk out to my driveway and feel the ground and if it was dry I was smiling.

Fast forward another decade and change of homes, jobs, and other life situations has found me without my motorcycles (still have that same mountain bike) but not without the passion to ride. For a period I swore if I hadn't have had an RS to hop on every day I'm not sure I'd be here today -- riding truly is the cheapest form of therapy.

I've looked at all kinds of bikes and was let down during what I consider the dark times after the end of the KRS when it looked like the RS was no more. I don't think there's any better all-round road bike ever made. Then in 2015 it's like the clouds parted and Berlin once again showered us faithful with a second coming of the RRS and it was a stunner, and the current generation with updated engine and even more farkles has gotten me to a point lately where I've been spending an embarrassing amount of time reading reviews, watching videos, and comparing options.

I'll likely lurk for a while and most definitely ask questions, because you're the ones to ask. You understand. We will always be family, and we know what it is to make life a ride.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Craig
'20 R1250RS
Previous
: '21 R1250RS, 
'03 K1200RS, '01 R1100RS, '83 R800

Messages In This Thread
Hi from MKE - by Pyrrho - 09-08-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: Hi from MKE - by Grumpy Goat - 09-09-2021, 06:24 AM
RE: Hi from MKE - by Pyrrho - 09-09-2021, 12:55 PM
RE: Hi from MKE - by Lee - 09-10-2021, 07:42 AM
RE: Hi from MKE - by Pyrrho - 09-10-2021, 12:47 PM