Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Barnes - the philosophical approach to his RS
So thanks to Ray posting about this article, I gave in to my curiosity and read it. I will confess, I was able, for the first time, to make it through to the end! Perhaps it is because it is about the RS ... but two things I can say about my take on the article.

1. It is not a review of the RS per se, and
2. I am exactly aligned with his view (even though I have not yet read ZAMM) and I did like what he had to say about his perception of it and its Quality. So much so that I will be linking to the article on the RSWb website.

Still don't know if I will be reading his articles ... at least not as an imperative. Maybe I will continue to make attempts, but given that BMW ON magazines are typically stored on my nightstand, the articles have to be Good and to have a more direct Quality for me to make it to the end ... Good and Quality, of course, meaning different things to different people.

The article reminds me that after 6 years of owning the RS I am yet to do a "review" - as an owner - on either my website or my YouTube Channel. I keep mulling over in my mind how I should approach it, and probably because I have so much to say, I keep procrastinating. Contrast that with the current "second bike" the Yamaha Tracer 900 GT. I recently put up a video about 5 things each that I love / hate / find "meh" about that bike and have a couple other review-type videos. But none of that for the RS. Yet.

One thing is for sure ... I have never gotten off ANY bike I have had thus far and said "What a bike!" or felt the same feelings as I do towards the bike, as I do after a good ride on, or a long distance tour with the R1200RS. Maybe that is the same manifestation of Quality that Barnes is alluding to.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mark Barnes - the philosophical approach to his RS - by Grumpy Goat - 12-02-2021, 08:19 AM