Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Michelin Road 6 tire ... better than the Dunlop Roadsmart 4?
(01-05-2022, 11:24 AM)Duckbubbles Wrote: I have not seen cupping on any of the Road 5's, although I did have that happen on Road 4's. The Dunlop RSIII did cup also. I keep my tire pressures up around 38 psi in the front. The front R5's are lasting around 6500 miles when I get very near or into the wear bars.

Thanks for the feedback. Different ridin styles, road surfaces etc. I suppose will lead to more / less cupping although it seems that on average and based on our anecdotal reports the PR4s cup more than the RS3s. I keep my fronts at 36 psi and let them go down to minimum 34 psi before I top up. Best mileage I got out of a front RS3 was 11k miles. Best rear was about 10k.

It appears that I don't mind mismatched tires as I have that on both bikes. Just so long as they are Michelin PR4 or Dunlop RS3 (or updates thereto). I want maximum wear out of tires ... I'm cheap that way, plus I am concerned about landfills. Smile

Bruce must be laughing his head off at this thread ... "black and round" are his requirements and he is probably the best rider amongst us too ... Big Grin
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: The new Michelin Road 6 tire ... better than the Dunlop Roadsmart 4 - by Grumpy Goat - 01-05-2022, 12:13 PM