Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Sport Tourers coming back in popularity?
(03-31-2022, 07:48 AM)Lee Wrote: I was really interested in that bike when I saw the pictures and videos, but I soon lost interest.
Moto Guzzi has a poor dealer locator tool. I can't find a dealer within 300 miles of us.
The other problem is I like torque and the V 100 only has 77.
My 1250 has 105, my 1200 had 92 and my K1300 had 103.

Yes lack of a widespread dealer network is certainly a negative.

I hear you about the torque, but the reason why people like torque is the gratifying "pull" during acceleration or during low speed riding. That pull does not exist on its own, and is tied to the appropriate gearing for the satisfying seat-of-the-pants feeling or no lugging at slow speed.

My Tracer puts out 60 lb.ft at the wheel (about 65 at the crank) and is quite satisfying when it comes to both acceleration and low speed lugless riding, even while loaded for camping or with my wife on the back. I think that the Mandello at 77 lb.ft might be quite nice with the right gearing on what will possibly be a lighter bike. Had the Tracer for the first time last evening in the [relative] twisty roads in the Sam Houston National Forest north of Houston, and it handled the ride and the speeds very nicely indeed. I will say that the chassis did not feel the same as the RS in the high speed curves, but that is probably more down to me and suspension setup than the bike.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Sport Tourers coming back in popularity? - by Grumpy Goat - 04-01-2022, 07:57 AM