BMW R1200RS / R1250RS Forum Community
Nav V wrong date - Printable Version

+- BMW R1200RS / R1250RS Forum Community (https://rswasserboxer.com/R1200RSforum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://rswasserboxer.com/R1200RSforum/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Parts & Accessories (https://rswasserboxer.com/R1200RSforum/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Nav V wrong date (/thread-249.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Nav V wrong date - Lee - 12-11-2019

(12-11-2019, 07:33 AM)Grumpy Goat Wrote: Just make sure the Navigator is [fully] charged and the computer is powered on throughout.

Most of the times when I have done updates the Garmin battery is dead or almost dead. The battery will go dead in a couple weeks if I don't ride or charge the unit.
I also don't worry about the computer going to sleep during a update. I usually start the update and walk away.
Both of our unit did not need to connect to satellites to get the correct date. As soon as the update was done I checked the date and it was correct. My computer is in the basement and the Navs can't get a signal down here.

Nav V wrong date - Grumpy Goat - 12-11-2019

(12-11-2019, 01:16 PM)Lee Wrote: Both of our unit did not need to connect to satellites to get the correct date. As soon as the update was done I checked the date and it was correct. My computer is in the basement and the Navs can't get a signal down here.

Good to know. I was just going on what somebody else had said in the other Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(12-11-2019, 01:44 PM)Grumpy Goat Wrote: Good to know. I was just going on what somebody else had said in the other Forum.

I also saw that and was wondering why their date did not change with the update until they rode a few miles.

Except for forums there's a good chance I would never have noticed the date was wrong on ours since it's winter.
The only time I see the date is when I reset the service reminder.

Nav V wrong date - Grumpy Goat - 12-11-2019

(12-11-2019, 02:26 PM)Lee Wrote: Except for forums there's a good chance I would never have noticed the date was wrong on ours since it's winter.
The only time I see the date is when I reset the service reminder.

Same here. And then I see it on the tablet screen so who knows where that date is coming from. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

(12-11-2019, 03:54 PM)Grumpy Goat Wrote: Same here. And then I see it on the tablet screen so who knows where that date is coming from. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

On the bike you can see it if you cycle through with the Info button.
Instead of using the bike Info button I use the page on the Nav that displays 16 values.

On the Nav you go to World Clock. I didn't know how to get to World Clock until I started reading about the date problem.

As promised, Garmin notified me earlier tonight by email the fix was available by using Garmin Express.