BMW R1200RS / R1250RS Forum Community
R1200RSForum.com appears to be back up - Printable Version

+- BMW R1200RS / R1250RS Forum Community (https://rswasserboxer.com/R1200RSforum)
+-- Forum: Noticeboard (https://rswasserboxer.com/R1200RSforum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://rswasserboxer.com/R1200RSforum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: R1200RSForum.com appears to be back up (/thread-683.html)

R1200RSForum.com appears to be back up - Grumpy Goat - 04-11-2022

I just checked again for the umpteenth time over the past couple days and it appears that the other forum is back up. At least until domain Registry Expiry Date: 2022-05-07.

No announcement on that Forum was observed so I have no way of knowing what is going on. No one contacted me either. At this point, I am contemplating stepping away from that Forum myself, and focusing instead to my commitment on this one.

Unless I get run over by a bus, you can count on announcements on this Forum as to any forum operational changes.

RE: R1200RSForum.com appears to be back up - wessie - 04-11-2022

(04-11-2022, 07:45 AM)Grumpy Goat Wrote: I just checked again for the umpteenth time over the past couple days and it appears that the other forum is back up. At least until domain Registry Expiry Date: 2022-05-07.

No announcement on that Forum was observed so I have no way of knowing what is going on. No one contacted me either. At this point, I am contemplating stepping away from that Forum myself, and focusing instead to my commitment on this one.

Unless I get run over by a bus, you can count on announcements on this Forum as to any forum operational changes.

I have just tagged @Holger in a post so he will get a PM. Let's see if he responds. I have his business contact details but I do not think it is right to pursue that route. Someone who spoke German did speak to him last year (Stefan) and that did not revive his interest in the forum.

RE: R1200RSForum.com appears to be back up - Grumpy Goat - 04-11-2022

(04-11-2022, 08:12 AM)wessie Wrote: I have just tagged @Holger in a post so he will get a PM. Let's see if he responds. I have his business contact details but I do not think it is right to pursue that route. Someone who spoke German did speak to him last year (Stefan) and that did not revive his interest in the forum.

Thanks for the action Wessie. I agree with you regarding keeping the business separate from his forum involvement (personal). Holger did say when he set this up that he saw it as fulfilling a need but I got the sense that he was not 100% gung-ho on the exploit. That may have waned in time.

RE: R1200RSForum.com appears to be back up - Pyrrho - 04-11-2022

I'd be willing to donate money to pay his expenses in a way that we'd get some sort of admin account at Holger's level, so that we could export the WP database at least. He may legally own it but really it's the property of the community that he abandoned at this point.

RE: R1200RSForum.com appears to be back up - maxredline - 04-11-2022

(04-11-2022, 07:45 AM)Grumpy Goat Wrote: I am contemplating stepping away from that Forum myself, and focusing instead to my commitment on this one.

Totally understandable