BMW R1200RS / R1250RS Forum Community
Forum software upgrade is underway - Printable Version

+- BMW R1200RS / R1250RS Forum Community (https://rswasserboxer.com/R1200RSforum)
+-- Forum: Noticeboard (https://rswasserboxer.com/R1200RSforum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://rswasserboxer.com/R1200RSforum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Forum software upgrade is underway (/thread-717.html)

Forum software upgrade is underway - Grumpy Goat - 05-04-2022

Just wanted to advise that I got a notice from my host that they are intending to upgrade the PHP software on my server between May 10 - 14, 2022.

Based on their recommendation I went ahead and upgraded my server's PHP version to 7.4.28 and that went smoothly - I thought.

I noticed some of the features such as "View New Posts" and "View Today's Posts" don't seem to be working for me. I have also got some other warnings as well. I will be working with Customer Support to try and work these issues out before actually upgrading the Forum software.

If you are having issues, please reply to this thread.

RE: Forum software upgrade is underway - Pyrrho - 05-04-2022

Also experiencing 500 errors when attempting to view new or today's. As new posts is the main link I use every day, I noticed it immediately. Hope you have a backup you can revert to if things go belly up.

RE: Forum software upgrade is underway - Grumpy Goat - 05-04-2022

Me too. Also "Reply" which quotes the post results in the same issue - Error 500. Chasing this down now with Support.

RE: Forum software upgrade is underway - Grumpy Goat - 05-04-2022

This thread is mainly to collect issues you see that are not yet mentioned by someone else. If it is already mentioned in this thread, then please do not say "me too" like I just did. Wink

I need to come up with a single list of problems to give to Tech Support if asked. I will be keeping this thread updated on the progress. Apologies for any inconvenience, especially at this time when the other forum could be in jeopardy. I want to do these upgrades cautiously and safely.

RE: Forum software upgrade is underway - Grumpy Goat - 05-05-2022

So the latest is that this weekend I will be updating the forum software itself. I will be taking the proper precautions with the data (backup etc.) but while I am doing the upgrade the forum will be offline.

The PHP version upgrade, while successful, was too new for the MyBB forum software that I am running, which admittedly is quite old. That meant that some of the MyBB functionality (like Search) broke.

It is my hope that the upgrade is quick and when it comes back online all the functionality will be restored, we'll have some new features, our posts will be there and we will have a freshened look and improved security as well. Fingers crossed.

I'll likely make another post before taking the Forum down.

RE: Forum software upgrade is underway - Lee - 05-06-2022

Yesterday when I would click on my bookmark I got a blank window. When I google RS wasserboxer I got a error message.
Today when I googled it I was able to open the site.

RE: Forum software upgrade is underway - Grumpy Goat - 05-06-2022

Quote:Yesterday when I would click on my bookmark I got a blank window. When I google RS wasserboxer I got a error message.
Today when I googled it I was able to open the site.

My bookmarks have been working as normal and the website is separate and without issues. Might be a local browser issue for you.

RE: Forum software upgrade is underway - Lee - 05-06-2022

Tried two browsers with the same result, blank screen.
I was able to go to your website and open the forum from there.
When you get things fixed I'll make a new bookmark.

Quote:Tried two browsers with the same result, blank screen.
I was able to go to your website and open the forum from there.
When you get things fixed I'll make a new bookmark.

OK but I still think it is your browsers. Try clearing the caches.

I have been using bookmarks to the Forum main page on two different computers (personal and work), and with 2 different browsers (Chrome and Edge) and bookmarks on all 4 combos work. Just checked again and yes still working. Huh

RE: Forum software upgrade is underway - Liteitup - 05-06-2022

Got here from bookmark. Still having "new post" issues.

fwiw

Quote: Got here from bookmark. Still having "new post" issues.

Yes that won’t stop until the software is updated.

RE: Forum software upgrade is underway - runnerhiker - 05-06-2022

I tried to "copy reply" to liteup to say something like - the same for me. But I got a blank screen in my attempt to reply with a message on the url line "not secured"