Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
License plate light wire location/color ?
Been searching the site and google looking for some info on which wire or what is the color of the wire in the tail section of my 2020 RS goes to license plate light. Does any member know which color wire is specifically used for the license plate. I"m wanting to use this wire for a switched wire for some new Denali D2s.
New to the RS world and this site.
Thanks,
Roach in Dallas
Did you get the CanSmart controller from Denali along with your lights? If not get one and connect using it. Very simple to use and tapping into another wire isn't necessary.
Happiness comes not from what you have, but from enjoying all that you do have no matter how much or little that may be.
Be stubborn with your dream but flexible with your path
(09-06-2023, 04:32 AM)Motorhead1977 Wrote: Did you get the CanSmart controller from Denali along with your lights? If not get one and connect using it. Very simple to use and tapping into another wire isn't necessary.

I did not buy the Cansmart controller. Probably don't understand exactly what that controller provides. I think looked at it but wasn't really interested in the functions it allows ie. synched up with the high/low beam bike switch or turn signals or anything like that. I did buy and install the data dim controller and the high low on off Denali switch which is all I was interested in. I've got the lights installed and the white "switch" wire right now tapped into the accessory plug on the right side of the bike and have tried the gps power wire but of course both these options stay on for exactly 60 seconds after bike shut down. That works but would rather have the turn off immediately.
I've read on this site that members use the licesnse plate light. I'm just not sure which wire that is in the tail section. 
Roach
You may get lucky by just removing the cover to get at the bulb and see the colour of the wires. Just a thought.
R&D department
(09-08-2023, 08:13 PM)maxredline Wrote: You may get lucky by just removing the cover to get at the bulb and see the colour of the wires. Just a thought.

I thought about that. Just was hoping someone on this list would have an quickie answer of which wire I could tap of those 4 wires going into the license plate holder tail light housing. I'm no MacGyver so as little disassembly as  possible is good.
Thanks for the idea max.
Roach
There are two fuses under the rider's seat, one switched, the other not. I needed an ignition controlled source and simply added a piggy-back (fusetap) to the switched fuse, powering a relay (in my case a Fuzeblocks FZ-1) to keep the draw on the fuse low.