Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 R1250RS ... will it come in Triple Black?!
(11-10-2022, 05:52 PM)Lee Wrote: Not sure what you're seeing with different windscreens. All the pictures I've seen so far show the same screen, some tinted and some clear but all the same shape.

Most of the photos have the standard screen we know but some of them have this square top screen that looks like it may be smaller ... see the screen in the photo in my post above with the 2 updates ... that is not the V-topped standard screen that we have and that most other photos
(11-10-2022, 05:52 PM)Lee Wrote: I like the looks of tubular bars better than the cast bar mount we have now.
The tubular bars are wider and higher. I would like wider but may not like higher. We've had S and RS bars since 1991.

I like the look of the tubular bars which I think are a great option for those who need them, and goodness knows they'd be better for mounting farkles. Good to see that BMW recognized that some were doing the R-bar swap on their RSes. I have had no issues with my clip-ons and I think that they suit the bike better and so I'd forego the tubular bars option.

Speaking of options, I do like the option to have the single seat / no grab-handles and rear footpegs ... tidies up the rear end very nicely for those who use their RS as more sport bike and less for 2-up touring. A nice aftermarket tail tidy would finish off such a sport variant quite nicely.

(11-10-2022, 05:52 PM)Lee Wrote: The 2023 RS is up on the BMW USA site if anyone wants to play around with the Build Your Own page.

Thanks ... I was going to check that anyway. That page does say:

So, I am much closer to being a believer.  Smile To those not in the US ... apparently, we here have been stuck in some dumb reality where LED indicators are not allowed on US models where for years European models have them, and this is not just BMW ... all makes. Tracer owners have been modding their bikes to swap in LEDs from various sources for some time now. So, it must be due to some arcane regulation that forced the incandescent indicators. That said I believe that the regulation may be relaxed now as I see more and more new models coming with the LED indicators.

What I don't see on that BMW US website is any mention of that square-top windscreen ... it may well be the angle of the photograph and the white background leading to loss of detail in the top edge and the contour bumps in the windscreen.

I do see that Triple Black would cost an extra $625 and when I configure a Triple Black Premium it comes up to $19,915. Be interesting to see what the Mandello would come in at ...  Wink

Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 R1250RS ... will it come in Triple Black?! - by Grumpy Goat - 11-11-2022, 08:20 AM