Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative photochromic helmet visor for a fraction of the price ...
My last 3 Shoei photochromatic shields all succombed to scratches from high-speed bugs and rocks.

Although aging reportedly results in residual darkening that does not clear under low/no light conditions, this has not limited the useful lifespan for my shields.

I wonder if the savings represents the rate at which the shield darkens and lightens, or if the savings comes from that "direct from the factory because a box fell off the back of a truck and I mailed it to my cousin in LA" discount.

(Actually, the factory(ies) that makes the shields for Shoei likely also sells the same or similar product to anyone who wants to buy in bulk. I still remember the image sent by my son living in China of one of his friend's apartments loaded with boxes from the purchase of a half-million units of KN-95 masks at the beginning of the pandemic. They all eventually were mailed out or delivered from the "shipping apartment.")
"A good man always knows his limitations...."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternative photochromic helmet visor for a fraction of the price ... - by Ray - 11-16-2022, 02:51 PM