Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is the better BMW Sport Tourer - S1000XR vs R1250RS
The Bike Show does a good comparison between the S1000XR and the R1250RS, but the conclusion - close as it is - means that I cannot link to the video on the parent website.  Dodgy

When I was in the market back in 2016, I was infatuated (for a time) with the S1000XR until I decided that it did not fit my use case. Years later I was to buy an S1000R and while I enjoyed that bike a lot, it reaffirmed my decision made back in 2016.

This guy makes very good points highlighting the characteristics of both bikes and I cannot disagree with anything he says on either side. He even points out the horrible seat on the XR (IMO) which with its scooped-out shape cups your a$$ such that you can't move about - no good for long journeys for some of us. I will not buy a bike with a seat shaped like that from the factory, and it was one of the deal-breakers back in 2016. Anyway, I digress.

I wonder if he will have a third review (and a different winner) when the 2023 R1250RSs are out, although with no change to the drivetrain for 2023, he probably won't.

On this Forum, Ron is in the best position to comment on these two bikes since he owned both (selling the right one Wink ) although I am possibly in the best position to comment on the RS in two-up touring modeBig Grin In that mode I bet it would beat the XR hands down, although "A Brit A Blonde A Bike" might claim otherwise having owned an S1000XR for a while (now tours on a R1250GS.. Big Grin ).

Two other videos from The Bike Show on the R1250RS:
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
Which is the better BMW Sport Tourer - S1000XR vs R1250RS - by Grumpy Goat - 11-24-2022, 08:46 AM