Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is the better BMW Sport Tourer - S1000XR vs R1250RS
I spent enough time on an XR to understand that is is set up as an overpowered off-road bike (see the previously posted Chris "Teach" McNeil video) and configured at that time to try and take sme of the market from the Multistrada. Though fast (I recall a small wheelie going into 3rd), and in the right hands, capable of outrunning smaller sport bikes, I found the center of gravity too high, the handlebars flexed and vibrated like the tuning fork they are, and the suspension was a mess.

My impression was that as stock, I was a lot smoother (faster) on the RS than the XR. Could I have made the XR work with time, money, and practice? Yeah, but why would I lend yet more monetary support to the marketers that decided the S1000RS should be scrapped in favor of the XR? (Still waiting....)

I suppose if one spent some time setting it up, it would be an appropriate sporty tourer - especiallly for all those who have to have handlebar risers and don't like clip ons.

But, it will still have a chain drive.....
"A good man always knows his limitations...."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which is the better BMW Sport Tourer - S1000XR vs R1250RS - by Ray - 11-24-2022, 11:49 AM