Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is the better BMW Sport Tourer - S1000XR vs R1250RS
(11-24-2022, 02:37 PM)runnerhiker Wrote: The seat on the XR deserves every bit of bad press it gets.  I bought a Corbin, a Sargent, a Wunderlich.  And finally, had the Wunderlich modified.  If you look at the frame with the seat off, you can see that BMW created a nightmare situation for any seat manufacturer, there is a very small valley in which to locate the rider.

From what he said apparently they made it even worse on the 2022 XR. When I tried the 2016 one it did not have those side ridges but it still cupped my butt and even then, I could tell that you would not be able to move around, which you need to do on a 500 mile+ day. It looked even more cup-shaped than the Tracer 2022 9GT.

He never mentioned vibrations in the handlebars so that is probably something that was long cured. That, and the higher revving engine for longer days in the saddle killed my lust back in 2016. I still like the idea though.

Needless to say I think that as a sport tourer, I think the RS is a better bike without a doubt.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which is the better BMW Sport Tourer - S1000XR vs R1250RS - by Grumpy Goat - 11-24-2022, 02:43 PM