Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is the better BMW Sport Tourer - S1000XR vs R1250RS
That video was weird, I was quite distracted by watching how he was trying to keep the non-speaking him looking natural whilst the other one was talking!!

Anyway, I owned a Gen 1 XR for 5 years, which must mean I liked it. Which I did, it was a great bike. But eventually got tired of the screaming engine egging me on to go faster all the time, plus I think I naturally ride lower in the rev range than required to make the most of the S1000 engine. I ended up hankering after a twin and bought the RS after I stumbled upon comments on the RS on the XR forum after looking at the usual suspects. Have adjusted it to sit more upright, I could always flat foot the XR, but actually like the fact the seat is a bit nearer to the ground.

Both great bikes, as said above, the key thing is the engine. Ironically, after getting tired of the XR shouting at me to go faster all the time, I think I actually ride even faster now without realising it. It is a very quick bike. Love my RS, will keep it for years I suspect.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which is the better BMW Sport Tourer - S1000XR vs R1250RS - by Becksy - 11-25-2022, 03:50 AM