Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is the better BMW Sport Tourer - S1000XR vs R1250RS
Hmmm, has to be one in every crowd I suppose. My first BMW was a 2018 RS, my second a 16 XR, traded them both for a 22 GSA. The RS was/is a great bike, but the slight forward lean didn't work for me on our normal day rides that include lots of "goat paths" of poor pavement and not turning around when we hit gravel. I could never get comfortable riding gravel on that bike. On the other hand, it's a great touring bike on pavement. For my use the XR was the better choice, the upright position is more comfortable and I must be the only person in the world that didn't think the XR seat was a torture device, I never felt the need to change it. And I admit, I started with and still like in-line 4's. So I rode the RS less and less as time wore on. A riding buddy bought a 19 GS and let me ride it, it was really close to what I wanted so the wheels stared turning in my head. After riding Bruce's GSA I knew what I wanted and made the swap soon after. Didn't hurt that I have the 890 Duke R for sportier riding. Different strokes for different folks, that's why they make different models.

Full disclosure, I lowered the XR an inch to make it more comfortable at low speed maneuvers and the GSA is factory lowered.
2022 BMW R1250 GSA
2021 KTM 890 Duke R (Round two)

1985 Honda Nighthawk S
1985 Yamaha RZ350  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which is the better BMW Sport Tourer - S1000XR vs R1250RS - by Liteitup - 11-26-2022, 07:08 AM