Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Barnes - the philosophical approach to his RS
(02-03-2023, 10:07 AM)mspratz Wrote: I don't usually reply to most of the threads on this forum, because my upbringing imprinted on me the underlying belief that no-one would possibly care about my opinion.

Michael, I often wondered why you are not more vocal on the Forums (especially mine) since (as you probably know) your thoughts and mine are so very similar. Ever since I first met you in 2016 in Eureka Springs (the very first in the Group other than the other founders) I know that we thought similarly, and nothing through the years has changed that. We even have some motorcycle gear that is the same! Smile Anyway, I like to hear your thoughts, always.

(02-03-2023, 10:07 AM)mspratz Wrote: In this case I'll make an exception. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is probably the most important book I ever read. I have read it several times now, having recently re-read the entire thing. It is not an easy read,

Now I have to go and attempt (again) to read it. It is on my bedside table and when I first attempted to read it it was very hard getting past the first page or two. My bedside reading is usually motorcycle magazines, and the narrative has to be interesting enough to hold my attention. At other times I am busy with other things ...

Sounds like reading this book is like "work" and at work I do a lot of careful reading in my job (engineer and engineering quality auditorĀ  Rolleyes ) so I am disinclined to read anything that requires much effort in my non-work hours. Smile

That said, I do like your synopsis of the book, which makes it sound very interesting and it your summation is accurate then it may well be worth my time. I will now go and remove it from my bedside table and bring it in my "man cave" / office. Smile
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mark Barnes - the philosophical approach to his RS - by Grumpy Goat - 02-04-2023, 07:34 AM