Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realigning great motojournalists. What's your favorite source of news & inspiration?
In the last BMW MOA News, we heard from Nick Ienatsch - the original editor of Sport Rider - about turkey basters and hand position. Nothing new, but a true joy to read and reaffirm.

A couple years ago  (May 27,2021), Mitch Boehm became editor of the AMA monthly, American Motorcyclist. Maybe it's just because guys of a certain era have eaten the same dirt and have had similar experiences that we connect with their stories, but I found this month's editorial by Mitch Boehm on motorcycle trade shows to be spot on as it carried his inspiration and positive outlook.

(His skills have reached the point that even the Biden administration used him for a press release.... Mitch Boehm Writes a Biden Press Release. We Truly Have Seen It All. Now.)

And now Mitch has recruited John Burns to do a monthly bit of inspiration as a contributing editor.  You might remember him from writing and editorial duties at Cycle World or Motorcycle.com. I know some of you saw this one - https://www.motorcycle.com/new-model-pre...rling.html.

I notice that Bradley Adams, Andrew Treavitt, and Don Smith still get bylines for cycleworld.com/sportrider, but a lot of the articles are written by "staff" and occasionally read like ChatGPT.  (And sadly, no, I had to look it up, but the GP in GPT does not have any relationship to our love of two-wheeled racing. - Generative Pre-trained Transformer)

With shutdown of some of the major print rags, I've seen some good collections of veteran writers gravitate to other magazines, both print and on-line, but sometimes hard to find.

Any favorites from the forum we need to check out?
"A good man always knows his limitations...."

Messages In This Thread
Realigning great motojournalists. What's your favorite source of news & inspiration? - by Ray - 03-31-2023, 10:54 AM