Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is the better BMW Sport Tourer - S1000XR vs R1250RS
(09-01-2023, 07:25 PM)c10 Wrote: 2023 RS with the factory handlebars make maneuvering it easier than without .  XR lost out for me due to Tall , bad seat , chain drive .

XR was first on my list before I even considered the RS. It was actually the first BMW that I had an interest in, and after I decided against it, the RS was a "fall-back" option - considered only after walking away from the XR, disappointed. Weird, looking back on that day.  Smile

I agree on the seat - it was too scalloped for my liking, as I like flatter seats. Chain was never a bad thing for me and since buying the RS it is still not an issue - bought 3 chain-driven bikes since. So what if it has to be lubed every 500 miles, or at the end of every long day of touring? Takes less than a minute. Its lighter and more efficient in transmitting the power to the pavement.  No denying that the shaft is less maintenance though.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which is the better BMW Sport Tourer - S1000XR vs R1250RS - by Grumpy Goat - 09-02-2023, 07:22 AM