Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LED Turn signal bulbs that work!
(10-15-2023, 07:36 AM)Grumpy Goat Wrote: Thanks for sharing your experience. Not sure if you realised it when you joined this Forum but there is good appreciation for DIY projects that owners are willing to share for the benefit of others who might read these posts. All part of ownership of the bike. 

Your writeup, complete with links and photos (which actually takes effort), will be of some benefit for those looking to do the same modification. Your alternative presents a cheaper alternative than some of the other alternatives out there, especially when you consider that you got no CAN-Bus errors ... not always the case. Weiser Teknik and Dynamic Motorrad make LED board-type alternatives that are designed for CAN-Bus systems, but they are more costly than your alternative. I have the latter on my bike with no problems.

GG-

Thanks! I expected to tap the Forum for expertise, didn't think I could contribute anything this early...
I'm really impressed with the bulbs, it would be interesting to compare them to the 2 you reference which replace the whole assembly for brightness and viewability angle.  
That said, I am really interested in the Wesiser setup- the idea of the turn signals also being used as super bright running lights front and rear, AND and improved brake lights is really cool. Of course its more $, but hey, this is a BMW... 

Thanks for proving this forum- it's great!

Dave

Messages In This Thread
LED Turn signal bulbs that work! - by DrDave39 - 10-15-2023, 04:22 AM
RE: LED Turn signal bulbs that work! - by DrDave39 - 10-15-2023, 08:22 AM
RE: LED Turn signal bulbs that work! - by 36654 - 10-15-2023, 10:12 AM
RE: LED Turn signal bulbs that work! - by 36654 - 10-15-2023, 11:31 AM
RE: LED Turn signal bulbs that work! - by 36654 - 10-16-2023, 06:50 AM