Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should You Double Check the Balance After Dealer Tire Installation?
(04-18-2020, 08:13 AM)Duccrazydave Wrote: Another great video, GG. You know those black weights would look better than the silver ones. Just sharing my OCD tendencies with youBig Grin
Darrell's comments about rim balance are something often overlooked (and ignored at some shops). The RS rim, particularly because of the TPMS, is always going to take more weights than a "standard rim". I have the actual heavy spot on the rim itself marked with a white dot. Which lines up almost perfectly with the monitor, not the stem itself.
You can see the dot on the RS rim and then see how little weight it takes for my "standard" SS rim.

Yes, I agree on the black weights being preferable and my OCD almost had me pull them all off and replace with my own, after I balanced the wheel. I can still do that if all those shiny weights irritate me enough. Smile

You points about rim balancing are also right on point too. I just wished I had that done this time.

My biggest challenge is getting to successfully use the Cycle Hill Tire Changer. Once I get that all this balancing stuff will be resolved. That will be the subject of a different "fail" video.

Looking at the SS rim, those brake discs look so large ... how do you get to access the valve?
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should You Double Check the Balance After Dealer Tire Installation? - by Grumpy Goat - 04-18-2020, 09:26 AM