Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEX Code GS-911 usb Generation 2 with OBD-II Connector - $209.30 on sale
(04-19-2020, 01:16 PM)Grumpy Goat Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 12:39 PM)TOM1911 Wrote: After 4 years of resisting the urge.. I went ahead and purchased the 911wifi edition for the RS. The impetus is to be able to scan and clear codes, reset service reminder, and cycle the ABS pump on brake fluid changes. I reviewed Grumpy’s Youtube reviews, to see what the functionality of the accessory would enable me to do. Now to await its arrival, then set up the unit, and do a scan.

Great tool, but I have to ask ... what was behind your 4-year hesitation? In my case it was the price, so when the USB version became available at $100 cheaper than the WiFi I opted to get the USB.

The WiFi (for me) is an unnecessary "feature" that I was not willing to pay for. I thought - no need for WiFi connection between the GS-911 and the laptop when they are less than 2 feet away. USB is faster as well.

Either way, there is no doubt as to its usefulness, even if it seems like it is never used and always in the case not justifying its existence. Big Grin
I currently run Mac and IoS devices and, the wifi version is the only one that can interface with my laptop and phone. The site has downloads compatible with Apple products.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HEX Code GS-911 usb Generation 2 with OBD-II Connector - $209.30 on sale - by TOM1911 - 04-19-2020, 01:20 PM