Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should You Double Check the Balance After Dealer Tire Installation?
(04-20-2020, 10:00 AM)Lee Wrote: Did your patch not hold?
In you patch video it sounded like you planned to use that tire.

Sharp as always, Lee. Big Grin

Yes, I had planned to use the tire, but when I was unable to fully get the patched tire on the rim (more in a video to come) things changed a bit.

I took the rim with the half-on patched tire to the dealer in the hope that they would put it on for me, but just in case they balked at putting on a patched tire on, I took my new Dunlop Roadsmart III as well. They were all ready to put the patched tire on, and as I walked away back to my truck with the new tire in hand, it occurred to me that if I were to pay the $66 for them to put a tire on the rim, I don't want to run the risk of it leaking and then I'd have to pay them again to put on the new one. So I turned back, walked into the shop and told them I changed my mind, and that I wanted them to put the new tire on after all, but I wanted the patched one back. So the patched tire is back in my garage with my other tires that still have tread left, waiting for me to figure out how to use the tire changer properly. The patch looks good and I have no doubt it will hold air better than a plug, but I have no proof.

At least I now know how to break a bead. Big Grin
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should You Double Check the Balance After Dealer Tire Installation? - by Grumpy Goat - 04-20-2020, 01:12 PM