Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Tail of the Dragon overrated?
I watched the video and agree with pretty much everything he said related to "why 129 is overrated" except for his "too many curves" statement. The numerous curves make the road a very technical road to ride and as such rider technique becomes more and more important the faster you go. I like the challenges that are associated with riding the road quickly.

As others have mentioned the best time to ride Deals Gap is during the week (M-Th) and in the early morning (7a.m. - 10ish) on those days. As Darrell mentions hanging out at the store is worthwhile. You can grab bite to eat, get something to drink, buy a t-shirt or some other souvenirs, take some pictures and BS with other riders.

Anymore the vast majority of riders are not sport bike riders but people on Harley, Indians etc. Ten to fifteen years ago the vast majority of riders were on sport bikes. Back in the day Terry and I rode down there on sport bikes (ZX12R, GSXR-1000, etc.).

My brother and I went down there a number of years ago and I lead him through at a nice slow pace so that he was comfortable on bike.

Speaking about grabbing a bite to eat the wife told me dinner is ready.....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the Tail of the Dragon overrated? - by Olgry1 - 12-10-2018, 05:38 PM
RE: Is the Tail of the Dragon overrated? - by Olgry1 - 06-18-2019, 05:50 AM
RE: Is the Tail of the Dragon overrated? - by VTBob - 06-27-2019, 05:51 AM
RE: Is the Tail of the Dragon overrated? - by Lee - 07-11-2019, 04:13 PM