Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the "No U-Turn" setting really means.
(03-13-2021, 08:59 AM)OerTheHill Wrote: I do as well if (1) I know I've passed the spot the GPS wants me to hit, (2) I have a place to pull over and reprogram my GPS route, and most importantly (3) I know that the GPS will try to send me back. The point of the post is that, if someone like myself asks themselves, "I wonder what happens if I turn this off?" maybe my bit of discovery can be passed on, "It will try send you back but in a more subtle and not-so-obvious route."

I hear you but my approach is different. For one, I don't wait until I passed the fake waypoint ... I kill the fake waypoint before reaching it, but after I am on the route that I wanted to force. Another thing with my approach, is I never pull off to reprogram anything. Only exception was if I am miles lost (as I was when I went to Leadville instead of heading to Gunnison last year; there is a video about that Undecided). I have found that by cancelling the waypoint that I did , it rejigs itself to an acceptable route going forward.

Just my way ... and not disagreeing with your approach. I just have not seen this U-turn setting you speak of.

I have a love-hate relationship with my Garmin-based GPS ... I love that it does free my mind for other things that figuring out the route and which turn to watch out for, as it tells me in my ear when to turn, above my music. I dislike that it occasionally gets a brain fart and gives me a route that is either wrong or pretty dumb.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the "No U-Turn" setting really means. - by Grumpy Goat - 03-13-2021, 09:15 AM