Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation of my "new-to-me" muffler
(01-04-2019, 09:08 PM)Lee Wrote: Looks like you have the wrong muffler.
If yours had the longer hanger like Dave's, you would not have the gap on the heat shield you mentioned.

No, it is the right muffler alright ... just some adjustments may be needed as mentioned above. I have seen other bikes with Remus mufflers where the same heat shield gap and angle is as on my bike presently. But there is no doubt that the hanger bracket is different between Dave's and mine.

As a matter of fact looking at how this muffler is made, I don't doubt that the same can is used across several models but since the mid pipe and bracket were loose (as opposed to being welded to the can like the factory muffler) all Remus has to do is vary the mid pipes and brackets and they have assemblies to fit many bikes. What could have happened is that one of us got a bracket for a different bike ... or they simply changed the design. We'll never know. I do prefer the shorter distance of my installation though. Smile
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installation of my "new-to-me" muffler - by Olgry1 - 01-04-2019, 06:16 AM
RE: Installation of my "new-to-me" muffler - by Grumpy Goat - 01-05-2019, 08:04 AM