Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kawasaki keeps knocking with sportier sport-tourers.
(11-07-2021, 09:50 PM)Grumpy Goat Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 02:19 PM)runnerhiker Wrote: I am in the process of modifying the seat on my S1000XR. If I get a seat that's all day comfortable for the XR, I think I'll stop lusting for one of these Kawasaki's.

What is the issue with the seat on the XR? For me when I rode it, I didn't really like the curvature - I like a flattish seat.

I already had some of the slope taken out of the Tracer's seat so that the curvature is not as irritating, but I still "don't love" the seat.

I have 3 after market seats for the XR, none of them are the "final" solution, all of them are better than OEM. The OEM seat was terrible, the padding was much too thin and the curvature didn't allow any movement. The Wunderlich seat is almost good, but it slopes forward just enough to constantly bother me when I ride, I am going to have it modified this week, the shop owner showed me how to use a folded towel, locate it near the tank, and see how that helps the sloping. He is right on the money about this so I have high hopes that he can modify the seat to my liking.

I saw you video on the Tracer seat adjustment, it looked like a good solution. Like you, I prefer a more flat seat over a dished seat.

Two Wunderlich seats, left is for the RS, the right seat is for the XR. I have done 6-8-9 hour day on the Wunderlich RS, on the XR I am squirming after an hour. See how the XR seat is dished and the RS seat is much more flat.

2020 R1250 RS
2022 K1600 GT
2022 Kawasaki H2SXSE
Niwot CO USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kawasaki keeps knocking with sportier sport-tourers. - by runnerhiker - 11-07-2021, 10:29 PM