Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying Panniers (and such) Out of Europe
This luggage didn't need its own travel-logue, but there are some topline learnings that others may benefit from down the road.

1. They wouldn't sell me the lock cylinders without a VIN, so i ended up sourcing a set from RevZilla for about the same money.
2. Getting the goods from BMW to the vendor took less than a week, BUT...
3. Once the vendor packed the inner bags and hardware inside of each hard case, then packaged it all up very nicely (VERY Secure), off the box went to DHL, who left it sit in a warehouse in Frankfurt for about 3 weeks.
4. At about the 3-1/2 week mark, the very large box ended up State-side, BUT...
5. It sat in US Customs for about another week, and THEN...
6. It was on my front porch.

The goods arrived in perfect shape, expertly re-packaged, lots of bubble-wrap, etc. Communication throughout was timely and clear (especially with "Anja," the C/S rep on their end). On the auto-generated emails, Google's "Translate this page" feature came in handy (too many years since college German classes, including a term in Mainz, which was cool).

Ordered on/about Oct 4th, received November 9th, so right at 5 weeks lead time. Worth the wait if exchange rates hold.
KC Area

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying Panniers (and such) Out of Europe - by ESquared - 12-09-2021, 02:46 PM