Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PackTalk Edge
(05-01-2022, 10:20 PM)Pyrrho Wrote: I pre-ordered and received a Cardo PackTalk Edge yesterday to replace my PackTalk Black. After fitting it to my Arai Signet-X and taking it to my friends to test with his Schuberth C3 fitted to a Black, I thought I’d share my thoughts.

Excellent review ... hits on all the points that I would be interested in, especially the audio bit. I appreciate the comparative tests you did with the different drivers, and the report that it is significantly louder when comparing the Black with JBL speakers and the Edge with its JBL speakers, even though these are 45mm and 40 mm respectively. I bought the JBL 45mm "upgrade" speakers and was unimpressed ... much preferred the heavier 40mm JBL drivers that came with my PB Bold.

I also like the over-the-air updates.

I have the Packtalk Bold which I like, especially the JBL speakers, although I just wished that they were a little louder at full volume (as there is variability in loudness between radio, Sirius XM and recorded MP3s etc.). If these speakers give the same or better sound tonality and more volume then that is a win for me. Only problem is upgrading from a perfectly functional comm unit. BUT helmet music and communication (phone and GPS) is very important to me ... maybe second only to the bike itself, so I might be going down this path soon.

In addition to the above great review, this is a quick comparison from the Cardo website [misspellings included] for people facing my decision.

Quote:What is the difference between PACKTAK BOLD and PACKTALK EDGE?
PACKTALK EDGE offers several improved key features, including:
Air Mount: a completely revolutionary, simple, and secure magnetic mount.
DMC 2nd generation: lightning-fast pairing and a crystal clear wideband intercom voice
A complete redesigned sound system by JBL
An improved natural voice operation with an improved noise-filtering microphone. PACLTALK EDGE is powered by Bluetooth 5.2, and also features in addition:
Fast charging: 2 hours of talk time after 20 minutes of charge
A robust USB Type-C portOver-the-air software upodated via the Cardo Connect app.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
PackTalk Edge - by Pyrrho - 05-01-2022, 10:20 PM
RE: PackTalk Edge - by Grumpy Goat - 05-02-2022, 07:08 AM
RE: PackTalk Edge - by Pyrrho - 05-02-2022, 08:24 PM
RE: PackTalk Edge - by Grumpy Goat - 05-03-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: PackTalk Edge - by TriangleRider - 05-02-2022, 08:00 AM
RE: PackTalk Edge - by Pyrrho - 05-02-2022, 09:02 PM
RE: PackTalk Edge - by Grumpy Goat - 05-03-2022, 09:22 AM