Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another great sport tourer - 2022 Suzuki GSX-1000S GT/GT+
(06-04-2022, 09:50 AM)Grumpy Goat Wrote: Very nicely balanced review from Zack (as usual), and I agree with his position on the Daily Rider Leaderboard. Suzuki does have a few features to add to this bike (adjustable windshield, remote pre-load adjuster, heated grips - all for maybe less than $500 more) but for the price it is a great option in my view.

I had a test ride on one of these today as it happens.   Hugely enjoyable but not sure that I'd be changing my RS for one.   Quite race-bikey (reminded me very much of BMW's S1000XR actually) and a bit too biased towards the sporty end of 'sports tourer' for my liking. A couple of comments from Zack which I recall and totally agree with - he reckons it needs a 7th gear! I found I was spending most of my time in 6th, ie 'running out' of gears but I'm sure that's a result of being so used to my low-revving boxer; it just goes again the grain to have the engine screaming at 50,000 rpm or whatever.

Zack also mentioned a bad experience when doing shoulder checks; maybe we're the same height but I found it quite uncomfortable and annoying: turn your head and it's evidently just out of the slipstream and the wind yanks at your helmet.

I think the biggest single thing for me against buying one is the lack of a centre stand, or the possibility of fitting one.  I mean, bad enough that it has a 'chain' instead of the shaft drive which I have come to love, but really - a touring bike that you can't put on a centre stand for chain maintenance while on tour? What were Suzuki thinking?
KC100->CB100N->CB250RS--------->DL650AL2->R1200RS->R1250RS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another great sport tourer - 2022 Suzuki GSX-1000S GT/GT+ - by Freddyfruitbat - 06-07-2022, 12:23 PM