Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using an AirTag as Bike Tracker
(06-17-2022, 08:01 PM)Grumpy Goat Wrote: I thought about it since it appears to be a much cheaper alternative to a LoJack type device and given that I have an Apple phone it is a solution I could take advantage of. I have a question though ... you mention only the tag owner would know .... that sounds like it can be only tied to one phone, correct? IOW if my wife had an iPhone (she does not) it sounds like only she OR I could be informed but not both.

Currently AirTags can only belong to a single account, so yeah, only you'd be able to track it. It's tied to your account, not your phone though, you can use the FindMy app on any Mac PC or any other device via iCloud. I think Apple has future plans to allow sharing of AirTags, but they're also kind of in a holding pattern on AirTag development, since it's actually pretty easy to stalk someone by planting an AirTag on them (but that's another story).

(06-18-2022, 07:36 AM)TriangleRider Wrote: If my bike disappears it becomes the property of the insurance company.  I don't want it back.

I hear you there... I had a friend who had his CBR600RR stolen and it had one of those expensive GPS trackers. He tracked it - right across the boarder to Mexico...

For only $30 and no subscriptions tho, it's a nice bit of peace-of-mind, being able to see in real time where all of my vehicles are. If I'm away on a trip, and I park at the Airport or something, it's nice to know the bike is safe and hasn't moved.

Messages In This Thread
Using an AirTag as Bike Tracker - by SoCalR1200RS - 06-17-2022, 04:06 PM
RE: Using an AirTag as Bike Tracker - by SoCalR1200RS - 06-21-2022, 04:11 PM
RE: Using an AirTag as Bike Tracker - by Becksy - 06-22-2022, 09:09 AM
RE: Using an AirTag as Bike Tracker - by Becksy - 06-24-2022, 03:01 AM