Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thu, Fri and Sat Day Passes at MOA National
(06-22-2022, 06:36 AM)Grumpy Goat Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 05:28 AM)36654 Wrote: Lee,

So you were doing registration while the riders were on their bikes?  That's different.  In the past, the riders parked their bikes and went to a tent or building.

Registration was in 2 parts - inside and outside. Outside you paid and picked up the vehicle pass and something else - I forget what; wristband maybe. There were 2 separate lines - one for walk-ups and one for bikes. Then, once you rode in and parked you went inside the Exhibit Hall and continued the registration, which consisted of signing the waiver for your health / safety while on the Fairgrounds, entering for the prizes etc., and collecting your Rally swag. It all worked quite well and went smoothly, and seemed more organized and controlled, and lines seemed to flow well. By splitting it up like this there was no welling up of people in one spot.

If you had not paid and and pre-registered you had to go to a different tent to the left.
Any one trying to pay at the pre-registered tent from the bike really bogged down the
 very long line. When I had time I ran down the line to make everyone was preregistered.
Thursday morning when there was the big rush there were two bike lines for prerigistration, one line for the people who arrived earlier in the week and who pre-registered, plus a car lane for pre-registered. 
We had to be very careful where we stood.
All others had to park their bike or car and go to a tifferent tent.
By the we left at 1:00 a organized system was figured out and enough people with the phone app were there to check you in.
It would have gone smoother Thursday morning if all volunteers had the app and  basics instruction were given.
Lee
Iowa, USA
2022 R1250RS White Sport

Past BMWs: 2016 R1200RS x 2,  2011 K1300S x 2,  2003 K1200RS x 2,  1991 K75S x 2,  1987 K75T x 2, 1984 R100RT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thu, Fri and Sat Day Passes at MOA National - by Lee - 06-22-2022, 05:02 PM