Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thu, Fri and Sat Day Passes at MOA National
(06-22-2022, 05:28 AM)36654 Wrote: Lee,

So you were doing registration while the riders were on their bikes?  That's different.  In the past, the riders parked their bikes and went to a tent or building.

I was told Great Falls was the first year of checking in pre-registered riders on the bike. I'm guessing it was a two part process like this year.
It would be too slow and clumsy to hand all the stuff to a rider while they are on the bike and try to put a wrist band on them. Most would need to get off the bike to stow the stuff.
Des Moines was set up where everyone parked and went into a air conditioned building where pre-registered and unregistered checked in. 
The air-conditioning probably cooled off the hot and grumpy riders..
We worked Tennessee registration and it was fun. I think we stayed a extra hour or two. There you went into a building if you were pre-registered and outside to fill out your forms if not registered. We handled the outside people and we mainly were information people. We had arrived the day before and knew where most of the stuff was located.

Thursday morning and early afternoon at Springfield was hot so some of the riders were not pleasant after sitting in the long line in the heat and some with overheating bikes starting and stopping on the hill.
Debbie told me one guy really went off on her about the long wait. The good thing was everyone after him that heard the chewing out made a point to thank her for volunteering.
Lee
Iowa, USA
2022 R1250RS White Sport

Past BMWs: 2016 R1200RS x 2,  2011 K1300S x 2,  2003 K1200RS x 2,  1991 K75S x 2,  1987 K75T x 2, 1984 R100RT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thu, Fri and Sat Day Passes at MOA National - by Lee - 06-22-2022, 06:33 PM