Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Tail of the Dragon overrated?
(06-17-2019, 05:28 PM)MrVvrroomm Wrote: Anyone who thinks the Dragon is overrated is not riding it correctly. It's one of the best stretches of road I've ever been on in my life, anywhere in the world.

I have only ridden in the USA and Canada but I would have to agree with Bruce. The Dragon is, for me, still the most challenging and the best road I have ever ridden on in my 42 years of riding. There are a number of other great roads but for me none match the intensity and thrill of 318 curves in less than 20 minutes.

My first trip to and then riding Deals Gap (now more commonly known as the Dragon) was on a 1989 BMW K100RSABS in the early 90s. Since then I have ridden the road an average of at least once every year.

Over the years the Dragon has become more popular and is a more of a "destination ride" for a number of motorcyclist. It is still very popular with sport bike purists but they pick certain days and times to ride it to avoid both traffic and the police.

This year I have already ridden Deals Gap on two separate trips and each time I ride it I still have a big smile only face. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the Tail of the Dragon overrated? - by Olgry1 - 12-10-2018, 05:38 PM
RE: Is the Tail of the Dragon overrated? - by Olgry1 - 06-18-2019, 05:50 AM
RE: Is the Tail of the Dragon overrated? - by VTBob - 06-27-2019, 05:51 AM
RE: Is the Tail of the Dragon overrated? - by Lee - 07-11-2019, 04:13 PM