Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using an AirTag as Bike Tracker
(06-22-2022, 11:43 AM)Freddyfruitbat Wrote: ...when I'm out and about in an area with lots of people, it quite often chirps away irritatingly...If that's the case, it wouldn't take much for a bike thief to locate an AirTag hidden on your bike, if they chose to check for one...

It shouldn't chirp at all if the owner of the tag is within range... If your goal is total stealth than it's possible to carefully cut open the AirTag and disable the speaker inside. That'll quiet any chirping, however anyone with an iPhone will be alerted that an AirTag has been following them after a few hours. I have a tag on my keyring and it alerts my partner if we spend the whole day together.

Another great use for this is parking. Let's say you're at a big event or unfamiliar area. If you can't find where you parked, you can check on the FindMy App. If you have a newer iPhone that has the 5G capabilities, then you can use your phone as a locating compass and it will direct you to the AirTag with a little arrow and distance estimate on the screen.

Messages In This Thread
Using an AirTag as Bike Tracker - by SoCalR1200RS - 06-17-2022, 04:06 PM
RE: Using an AirTag as Bike Tracker - by Becksy - 06-22-2022, 09:09 AM
RE: Using an AirTag as Bike Tracker - by SoCalR1200RS - 07-01-2022, 04:02 PM
RE: Using an AirTag as Bike Tracker - by Becksy - 06-24-2022, 03:01 AM