Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on the demise of forums
I used to LIVE on forums. My bookmarks were basically a few sites and I'd hop back and forth all day long amassing thousands of comments...

Then Facebook came in with their Groups. And Reddit popped up with their threads that favor new content over quality conversation. Forums used to be THE place to go for knowledge online. Have an obscure question? Chances are - someone's already asked it on a forum, and there may be pages of discussions that follow. It feels like the internet is much more PRESENT now. It's all about the new, the hot, what's the latest buzz. It's hard to find places outside of the dwindling forums, where you can find solid crowd sourced advice and solutions to unique or rare challenges.

When I was growing up, it was - everything lives forever online - now, as forum after forum disappears into the void, I'm realizing how important it is to backup helpful information and find alternative sources because I feel like we're trending in a direction where information is controlled by the few and the free and open sharing of information on the web will all but cease.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on the demise of forums - by SoCalR1200RS - 07-01-2022, 04:17 PM
RE: Thoughts on the demise of forums - by Pyrrho - 07-02-2022, 12:56 PM
RE: Thoughts on the demise of forums - by gc141x - 07-11-2022, 06:53 PM