Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boxflyer as New Member
Hello, I was made aware of this site while working on replacing the cams on a 2018RS at my house this week.
I am interested in not only doing maintenance on WetHead and ShiftHead bikes, I also enjoy making the tools required for some of the engine maintenance.
As a standing policy of mine, I never charge for doing maintenance...whether it's a complete 12k service, changing/balancing tires, brake work, or Cam Timing/Valve Clearance Checks...
It's my attempt at "giving back" to the BMW riding community.

Hope to see/meet some of you either at the START or FART Rally that I'm an organizer for, or at a seasonal "Tech Day" that I hold at various times and locations around the USA.
BMWSportTouring.Com START Rally 2024

I hope I can contribute in a positive way to this Forum.
Maybe we can coordinate a dedicated R1200/R1250 RSWasserboxer Tech Day in 2024.

Thanks,
Brad Smith
"Boxflyer"
Brad, Welcome to this Forum Community. I am honored that you cheese to join our group since you clearly share my vision when it comes to BMW ownership and RS in particular, obviously. This Forum is more focused on value added content, especially when it comes to DIY and working on our bikes. And you are a stalwart in that regard. So, again, welcome.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
WELCOME! it's great to see you here buddy. FWIW I know Brad personally and you'll not find a more generous person. His service is without comparison. Brad did the 12,000 miles cam timing check and adjustment on my 1250 RS and the performance after was like I was riding a different bike. It was an amazing transformation. And on top of that, he explained everything he was doing and why. That alone is a great reason to attend the START or FART events.
Happiness comes not from what you have, but from enjoying all that you do have no matter how much or little that may be.
Welcome to the forum Brad.
Lee
Iowa, USA
2022 R1250RS White Sport

Past BMWs: 2016 R1200RS x 2, 2011 K1300S x 2, 2003 K1200RS x 2, 1991 K75S x 2, 1987 K75T x 2, 1984 R100RT
Great to see you here, Boxflyer! My '16RS also benefitted from Brad's services. A valuable addition to the forum WAM_thumbsup
Nice having you Brad. The place just got a little classier.
Welcome .  Nice videos .
Cool, looking forward to your input.
R&D department