Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12K Service
Hey folks,

I just finished installing a new Air Filter as part of the 12k (Too be honest, nothing wrong with the old one that a little shop air couldn't handle) and when I started putting all of the Tupperware back on I noticed that a majority of the Shouldered Screws had been replaced with non-shouldered screws during assembly in Berlin. I need 8 shouldered screws per side according to the BMW RSD & the parts fiche and I only have 8 total. Has anybody else had the same issue that they've noticed?

Later,

Mike
Hmmmm ... I have had my fairings off a few times but can't recall how many of each type I have but 8 shouldered screws per side sounds maybe a tad high ... but like I said I can't remember exactly.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
I had the same experience when checking my air filter. 4 of the screws were non-shouldered. Also noticed that the little clear plastic washer (underneath the shouldered bolt heads) was missing on about half of them. all over the bike.
(07-03-2019, 04:54 AM)Duccrazydave Wrote: I had the same experience when checking my air filter. 4 of the screws were non-shouldered. Also noticed that the little clear plastic washer (underneath the shouldered bolt heads) was missing on about half of them. all over the bike.

Same experience here. Not all screws had the clear plastic washers and not all screws were shouldered. On the latter point they don't all need to be shouldered - depends on the location. The question is which ones do? See the attached.

.pdf   Fairing screws.pdf (Size: 661.25 KB / Downloads: 12)
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
(07-02-2019, 07:40 PM)Rotorwrench Wrote: Has anybody else had the same issue that they've noticed?

When I changed the air filter the first time I noticed some of mine were in the wrong place.
The shop installed Clearwater lights on our bikes when they were new and figured the Tech got the screws in the wrong place.
I had extras on hand but seems like I was short 1 or 2 to get them all correct.

Both bikes were this way.
Lee
Iowa, USA
2022 R1250RS White Sport

Past BMWs: 2016 R1200RS x 2,  2011 K1300S x 2,  2003 K1200RS x 2,  1991 K75S x 2,  1987 K75T x 2, 1984 R100RT