Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust/ muffler
Has anyone fitted muffler exhaust system like the twin cans on the R9? Otherwise what do people think is the best slip on muffler for R1250RS? Thank you.
If you're only installing a slip-on, then the choice is purely aesthetic. Go for whatever looks best to you. I have a Remus on my '16
I have never seen anyone custom fit twin exhausts on the R1200/R1250s. That is largely because it would have to be a custom job since no manufacturer makes twin exhausts for these bikes. The same would apply to two into one with a twin-muffler. Maybe the RNineT muffler can be fitted somehow, with some custom welding and brackets.

Like Dave I have a Remus Hexacome Titanium on my '16 R1200RS, but I also have a less-restrictive K&N air filter on my bike. It is largely aesthetic, as Dave said, but moreso it makes a significant aural difference, since the exhaust note is changed throughout the rev range, and there is a lot more popping and crackling. I beg to differ slightly with Dave in that on my bike it makes a difference performance-wise. Since it is a freer flowing exhaust it seemed initially (have since gotten accustomed to it) to rev and pull easier from a stop. Whether the horsepower and torque gains are probably minimal, the riding experience is enhanced largely due to the sound change. Look for increased fuel consumption, for whatever reason. Big Grin

Remus does make a muffler that has two mufflers in one, mimicing the RNineT - the Remus 8 Slip-On Exhaust BMW R1200R / R1200RS 2015-2018

[Image: REMUS8-black-and-matt-m_m_y-BMW-R1200RS-2018.jpg]

That may do the trick for you.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
"I beg to differ slightly with Dave in that on my bike it makes a difference performance-wise."
You're probably right, GG. It's just that I'm used to it now. I most definitely enjoy the exhaust note. And let's not forget about the weight reduction. Always a good thing on any bikeBig Grin
(01-22-2020, 05:27 AM)Duccrazydave Wrote: ... I most definitely enjoy the exhaust note. And let's not forget about the weight reduction. Always a good thing on any bikeBig Grin

This is true - I had forgotten about weight - a weight savings of 36% was seen in my case since the Remus was 6 lbs vs 9.4 lbs for the stock muffler.

When it comes to weight savings from lighter components, I tend to ignore that because the rider (me!) has the greatest weight to lose, with the most dramatic effect. I get a chuckle when people pay all sorts of money to save weight on their bikes, when it is the same fat self who rides it. Big Grin
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
I resemble that remark, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-22-2020, 07:04 AM)Duccrazydave Wrote: I resemble that remark, lol

Hahaha ... I probably resemble it more than you, as I am shorter and maybe same weight / heavier. Smile
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
SC-Project has a good line of Twin megaphones for the 9T. Keep in mind that the 9T has a Left side can and the RS is Right hand. https://shop.sc-project.com/en-US/Bike_B...-2014-2016-
(01-20-2020, 07:43 PM)darrylfromoz Wrote: Has anyone fitted muffler exhaust system like the twin cans on the R9? Otherwise what do people think is the best slip on muffler for R1250RS? Thank you.

For my R1250RS I have ordered exhaust from SC-Project. My bike is due to be made week 8 2020, so I have to wait a while.
The only reason for changing the exhaust, is to have something smaller and less "blingy".

https://shop.sc-project.com/en-NO/3796_B...rer-II.htm

Probably need to change the "NO" part of the link if ordering.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That looks nice! Looking forward to some pics, when you take ownership of your Bavarian steedBig Grin
Agreed ... nice exhaust. Good lines and finish.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
Actually ended up with SC1-R as the X-plorer II I ordered have delivery-problems due to Corona-virus. Anyway, very happy with the result, and it looks good together with the hugger from Puig.

Very classy looking, Lars. Really cleans up the look on these bikes. Nice to see that it came with the CF mid pipe cover. Noticed on the other forum that Remus (and other brands) haven't included that part on some of their mufflers.
(04-11-2020, 06:47 AM)Duccrazydave Wrote: Very classy looking, Lars. Really cleans up the look on these bikes. Nice to see that it came with the CF mid pipe cover. Noticed on the other forum that Remus (and other brands) haven't included that part on some of their mufflers.

Just to be very precise, there are also a carbon cover over the exhaust valve as well.
See picture of content, where I also have the original exhaust for size-comparison.

Ah, SC Project has stepped the game up a notch.
Very nice, indeed. My OCD approvesBig Grin...and the best benefit of buying new - Stickers!
Mid-pipe cover is nicely shaped and fitted, unlike the one that was supplied with my Remus Hexacone Titanium, which I had to trim to look acceptable. The SC exhaust does look very nice - good fluted lines as opposed to the constant cylindrical shape of other cans. Nice colour choice too.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
(04-11-2020, 06:51 AM)RS_Lars Wrote: Just to be very precise, there are also a carbon cover over the exhaust valve as well.

The carbon covers give the exhaust a nice finished look.
Lee
Iowa, USA
2022 R1250RS White Sport

Past BMWs: 2016 R1200RS x 2, 2011 K1300S x 2, 2003 K1200RS x 2, 1991 K75S x 2, 1987 K75T x 2, 1984 R100RT
Very nice looking exhaust.
(04-11-2020, 06:35 AM)RS_Lars Wrote: Actually ended up with SC1-R as the X-plorer II I ordered have delivery-problems due to Corona-virus. Anyway, very happy with the result, and it looks good together with the hugger from Puig.
Agree.
Looks like you might be able to remove the rear wheel without messing with the exhaust...?
"A good man always knows his limitations...."
(04-12-2020, 01:50 PM)Ray Wrote: Looks like you might be able to remove the rear wheel without messing with the exhaust...?

Should be. I am almost ready to remove my rear wheel past my similarly-sized Remus exhaust and will try and update this thread on whether I need to touch the exhaust.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS