Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Motocamping Trip of 2020 | Fairfield Lake State Park - 15-16 February 2020
Finally! The weather and the timing came together and I was able to get my first motocamping trip of 2020 done. I chose Fairfield State Park because it is fairly close to home (2 - 2.5 hours depending on the route) and it is a pretty nice Texas State Park with good amenities, a nice lake and decent trails for walking.

This trip was supposed to be a shakedown trip for my more compact camping pack (drybag shrank from 60L to 40L) bit I have different added stuff - more on that in another video. It all came together well and I am ready for the next trip where I will bring some dehydrated food!

Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
Nice video Wayne. I was getting hungry watching you cook! You have a very nice set up for camping.
Beautiful camping site at the state park.
(02-25-2020, 07:15 AM)Olgry1 Wrote: Nice video Wayne. I was getting hungry watching you cook! You have a very nice set up for camping.
Beautiful camping site at the state park.

Thanks John. Smile I do like to cook while camping but the challenge is to get tasty non-camping food quickly so that it does not detract from the rest of the experience. I will be getting back into the food dehydration to help in that regard.

I will go through the full setup in subsequent videos, and will showcase things like my camping table, portable fire pit, tarp setup and such. Wink
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro