Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tail End Cleanup Stg 2
I've been working on cleaning up the lines of the back of my R1250RS. I didn't post stage 1, but it was removal of the rack and pannier rails, replaced the seats with a Sargent world sport front and a R1250R rear (lower profile). Stage 2 is swapping out the huge muffler for a Remus Black Hawk (done for aesthetics I know there is no power gain). Removal of passenger pegs and brackets, replaced with an R&G exhaust hanger. There was some weight savings, on my scale the stock muffler weighs 12 lbs and the Remus comes in at 7.4 lbs so that"s a 4.6 lb difference. All up the weight savings were 15.6 lbs. Stage 3 will be cleaning up the licence plate bracket. I'll post that after I get the new bracket made up.

I like the looks of the Remus.
Lee
Iowa, USA
2022 R1250RS White Sport

Past BMWs: 2016 R1200RS x 2, 2011 K1300S x 2, 2003 K1200RS x 2, 1991 K75S x 2, 1987 K75T x 2, 1984 R100RT
It has a good sound as well, quite under cruise and it barks a bit on the throttle.
Looks nice and slim.
Good weight reduction with all the changes. I just bought the same Remus exhaust but for my 1250 RT. Wunderliche had them on sale for $857 with free shipping.
(04-02-2020, 08:32 AM)Chris216 Wrote: ... Stage 2 is swapping out the huge muffler for a Remus Black Hawk (done for aesthetics I know there is no power gain).
Stage 3 will be cleaning up the licence plate bracket. I'll post that after I get the new bracket made up.

Remus USA actually claims a "performance and torque increase" while producing no dyno charts. However this is borne out by dyno testing done by others on (for example the Hexacone which I have). The increase is maybe 1% so for all intents and purposes there is no usable power / torque gain.

In my experience, with a freer flowing air filter, it does 2 things - breathes freer and sucks slightly more gas, as more fuel is needed to maintain the proper stoichiometric ratio. But there is no doubt that the riding experience is better.

The part that has me really interested is where you said you are getting a new license plate bracket made up ... is that a tail tidy like this one by EvoTech? (which I think is the nicest I have come across, even if the price is a bit much).
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
GG, yes it's a licence plate mount/tail tidy. I'm going to have one made up of my own design. One of the divisions of my work is a sheet metal shop with powder coating capability. Of course I need to finish up the drawing first and I'm moving rather slowly on thatTongue
(04-03-2020, 11:46 AM)Chris216 Wrote: GG, yes it's a licence plate mount/tail tidy. I'm going to have one made up of my own design. One of the divisions of my work is a sheet metal shop with powder coating capability. Of course I need to finish up the drawing first and I'm moving rather slowly on thatTongue

Cool. Maybe like was done for the Vortex GPS mount you could offer them for sale to RS Owners, if the business model is viable.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro