Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website updates
I have been working a lot on the RSWasserboxer website lately, especially since I have a few days off this week (although I am going RV camping starting tomorrow).

The structure is well progressed, and I even have a few posts from the old R1200RSForums.com attached and hence preserved for posterity before they disappear. (Read more here about how you can help retrieve the best posts).

This is a LOT of work setting it up (but I knew this going in) and the level of work should fall off as it grows over time.

Attached are a couple of teaser screenshots of the main page - desktop and phone displays (subject to change). Smile

Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
Maybe I'm the only one using it but the "View New Posts" and "View Today's Posts" doesn't appear to be working.

I can see from the listing there were new posts today but then hitting that button finds nothing.
(07-20-2018, 05:40 AM)SauRoN Wrote: Maybe I'm the only one using it but the "View New Posts" and "View Today's Posts" doesn't appear to be working.

I can see from the listing there were new posts today but then hitting that button finds nothing.

I did notice that the search takes a while, and I sometimes don't wait to see if it concludes the search since I often hit the link that says to click it if you don't want to wait anymore and it takes me to the new posts. In other words it seems like it is working but maybe slowly …?

I will keep an eye on it, as I have been doing for a little while now. I will also wait to see what it returns on its own. But I need more posts to test this … Big Grin
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
(07-20-2018, 06:11 AM)Grumpy Goat Wrote:
(07-20-2018, 05:40 AM)SauRoN Wrote: Maybe I'm the only one using it but the "View New Posts" and "View Today's Posts" doesn't appear to be working.

I did notice that the search takes a while, and I sometimes don't wait to see if it concludes the search since I often hit the link that says to click it if you don't want to wait anymore and it takes me to the new posts. In other words it seems like it is working but maybe slowly …?

I will keep an eye on it, as I have been doing for a little while now. I will also wait to see what it returns on its own. But I need more posts to test this … Big Grin

when I logged in I had to click the if you dont want to wait etc as nothing was happening
(07-31-2018, 10:06 AM)midlife Wrote: when I logged in I had to click the if you dont want to wait etc as nothing was happening

Yes, I have found that I have to do this also. Don't know why it is that slow. Good news is that once the link is clicked it presents the right hits (if any) so why the delay …?? No idea. No setting on the software that I can see. Will have to research the software's forum.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
Back from searching the forum. Made a setting change.

Let me know if posting or searching presents a "friendly redirect" page, i.e. the page that suggested "click here if you don't want to wait …" and thereby caused the delay. Seemed to work for me posting this. Smile
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS